August 23, 2022 – 1:00 PM
A man who allegedly robbed a Penticton jewelry store with bear spray first pretended to be shopping.
The Penticton RCMP were called to a business in the Cherry Lane Shopping Centre at 3:15 p.m. yesterday, Aug. 22 for the robbery, according to the police report.
Employees sustained minor injuries.
READ MORE: Kelowna jewelry store employees tied up and robbed
The suspect is described at a slim, dark-skinned man in his early 20s. He’s approximately 5’11 with brown eyes and dark hair. He was wearing a black hoodie, dark blue jeans and a blue face mask.
“We’re actively searching for the suspect, and are asking for help from the public in identifying him,” Const. James Grandy said in the release.
“We would also like to encourage anyone who witnessed the incident to contact us. Please don’t approach the suspect, and call 911 immediately,” says.
To contact a reporter for this story, email Dan Walton or call 250-488-3065 or email the editor. You can also submit photos, videos or news tips to the newsroom and be entered to win a monthly prize draw.
We welcome your comments and opinions on our stories but play nice. We won’t censor or delete comments unless they contain off-topic statements or links, unnecessary vulgarity, false facts, spam or obviously fake profiles. If you have any concerns about what you see in comments, email the editor in the link above.
- 'Back-to-school necklace' references may be a sign your child is struggling
- Steven Lagos And His Namesake Jewelry Brand Are Getting Stronger After 45 Years
- Hottest luxury necklaces 2022 from Gucci to Dior and Chanel and more
- At 28, Roxanne Assoulin Was Managing Motherhood & A Jewelry Business
- Sun & Ski Sports Shares Region- and Season-Specific Video Content to Stores via Cloud Solution