Over the weekend, the Euphoria star dressed up for the Hollywood Critics’ Association TV Awards in a green velvet vintage Mugler dress from 1981, with a strapless structured neckline and very of-the-era waist peplum. She styled the dress with shimmering De Beers jewels and Jimmy Choo heels, and wore her hair in an elegant up-do with face-framing tendrils.
The actress was attending the event on behalf of hit series White Lotus, alongside Connie Britton, who played her mother in the show, and producer David Bernad. The cast and crew collected five awards throughout the evening.
Sweeney’s stylist, Molly Dickson, shared some insight into the story behind her red-carpet dress, explaining how the actress was a big part of the process: “Syd really envisioned a vintage dress for this and after lots of research we found this 1981 Mugler from New York Vintage.”
The actress isn’t the only Euphoria star who’s been promoting vintage of late; her co-star Zendaya has become a known as champion for second-hand dressing, both on and off the red carpet.
With her stylist Law Roach, Zendaya has had some of the most memorable vintage moments from Valentino to Versace, the actress consistently dips into the archives for her biggest fashion moments.
“Wearing a vintage gown on the red carpet relays a strong message of new consumption – vintage today is a lifestyle more than a trend,” Sophie Hersan, Vestiaire Collective’s fashion director and co-founder previously explained to us. “I think this decade will see this movement grow even bigger; vintage allows a celebrity to be glamorous and celebrate beautiful designs from the past while representing something more than fashion – making a stand for sustainability.”
You Might Also Like
- Dua Lipa’s famous friends send birthday wishes – Elton John to Donatella Versace
- Bhumi Pednekar serves a classy look in black pant suit and Versace jewellery : Bollywood News
- The Block quitter Elle Ferguson dances in $2,000 heels at Versace party as scandal plays out
- 10 daring looks Gigi and Bella Hadid have worn that show their matching sister style
- Conor McGregor shows off stunning birthday presents for fiancée Dee Devlin as he wears Versace loafers worth €550